What's up La French Tech?
La French Tech is the term used to describe the ecosystem of French startups: entrepreneurs, investors, engineers, incubators, public actors, etc. all committed to growth and outreach internationally this energetic and growing ecosystem.
Why La French Tech?
Created at the end of 2013 by Fleur Pellerin, the initiative driven by a collective dynamic with the aim of making France a key player in Tech and innovation worldwide. It allows startups to rally around a single brand and serve their international ambitions.
The international promotion of La French Tech, whether it is to attract foreign entrepreneurs or talents in France (via the French Tech Ticket), campaigns of influence abroad with media and investors or participation in international events, is managed by the French Tech team within Business France.
The key figures of the French Tech:
- More than 9500 startups in France
- 233 incubators in France in 2016
- 51 accelerators in France in 2016
- $ 3.185 billion raised in 2017 by French startups
- 743 deals in 2017
- 1st country in Europe in terms of number of hyper-growth companies in the Tech