“Some 7,020 exhibitors from 109 countries, 155,700 visitor entries and 250,000 sqm: SIAL Paris is the largest food innovation exhibition.” The SIAL became a real institution in the food industry by showcasing new ways to experience food and by launching worldwide trends. The fair is taking place in Paris from the 21st to the 25th of October 2018.
New this year: The Alter’Native Food Forum
This year the food industry is facing a mini-revolution that SIAL Paris wants to introduce with the Alter’Native Food Forum : “In this newly created space professionals of the retail, trade and catering sectors as well as all the actors of the agri-food sector, will be able to exchange together during the 5 days of the event, in order to discover all that the Alternative Food can offer them, in terms of innovation and opportunities!”
Healthier, less additives, less refined sugar, environmental friendly, animal welfare are among the main themes that will keep the event busy. One of the challenge regarding healthy food is how the producers can make healthy food look and taste good. For example, the expanded vegetarian diet in the Nordic countries will also be approached through the new alternatives for meat and plant-based diets.
The Forum will gather several exhibitors such as known health experts and key-player innovators in the industry from different countries. During the 5 days of SIAL Paris, professionals and producers will be able to exchange their expertises and points of view on what “alternative food” stands for today and what it will stand for tomorrow. It will happen in the form of several conferences and roundtable’s discussions.
- 7,020 exhibitors, suppliers to the agri-food industry
- 85% international exhibitors – 109 countries represented
- France is the most represented country
- 21 exhibition sectors and food channels
- Top 6 sectors: meat, dairy products, savoury grocery, frozen foods, sweet grocery,beverages
- 80% of exhibitors were satisfied with their event and 85% would recommend SIAL*
- 60% exhibitors declare to realize more than 6 months of additional turnover.
*Source: SIAL Paris survey 2016